Monday, January 14, 2008

cleaning vs. sleep

Life has been recently uneventful. Now that we are back the 3 member family that we envisioned when we adopted Maya. We've really just been trying to keep up with the mutilated dog toys and the tumbleweeds of dog hair that roll around our hardwood floors.

Ah...hardwoods. When we bought this house I was very excited about the hardwoods. They are defintely more work than carpet! I'm constantly worried about Maya destroying them with her nails. What we really need are some area rugs. Believe me, it's on the top of the list of things to get. I also feel like the floor is always dirty. Now, I grew up in a very clean house. Don't get me wrong, I was the child of two full-time working parents, so it wasn't "obsessive clean" but still very clean. I want my house to be clean, really I do. But if it's a choice between sleeping or cleaning, sleep wins, every time. Maybe I'm too hard on myself. I probably am. But if you ever come to my house, please don't wear white socks and please ignore the tumbleweeds.

I did see a video on the Post Gazette website about a family with 10 dogs. I believe five of them are Huskies, like Maya. I couldn't even imagine the amount of hair!! But we love our puppy and we can deal. I even ate a tater tot with dog hair on it tonight. That's love.

No comments: