Thursday, August 28, 2008

hello

Agh!! Where has the summer gone? I'm sitting here typing this on a 65 degree day in August. I'm not ready for jeans and hoodies just yet, Mother Nature.

I've been a complete slacker and haven't posted in over two months *hanging head in shame*.

I won't post about my whole summer since June, no one really cares, but I will try to highlight some things.

We are getting a new roof on our house. We had other plans for the money that we will be spending on said roof, but unfortunately, it is a necessity so it is first priority. I am excited for the new look it will give our house, however, because the shingles are going to be a darker color. Normally it wouldn't matter because you can't see the roof, but we have a split entry home so it will be noticable.

For the first time ever I planted a vegetable garden. This year it was small, but I have plans to expand it next year. I have already gotten several zucchinis from my own plants and are currently waiting for some eggplants and peppers to ripen. There are dozens of tomatoes out there as well. Most of them are still green at this point, though. I'm really proud of myself for planting and maintaining this little garden. I'm even more excited for next year when I have more room and I can apply the lessons I learned from this year. We also have a pumpkin plant growing, or should I say, taking over our yard. That sucker is huge! I hope the pumpkin grows as quickly as the plant!

That's the general update. I do want to give a shout-out to my friend for the awesome crockpot receipe. Its waiting for my hubby to get home from work so we can enjoy it. It smells amazing!

No comments: